Thursday 28 July 2016

Pokemon No-Go in Eskdale?

"I haven't been able to think of anything but Battenberg cake for the last three days!" Announced Rachel one evening. These are the kind of thoughts that occupy ones mind when you haven't got phone signal or wifi to allow you to play Pokemon Go. Not that the collective genius of Fiona, Rachel, and I know exactly how this game works. We did have an impromptu discussion about it, but neither Rachel nor Fiona could refute my suggestion that the hostel might be swarming with Pikachus and we wouldn't know a damn thing about it. In fact, Eskdale could be prime breeding territory for the animated creatures. If no one knows they're here, how can you catch one, let alone catch em all. I must remember to get a message to the pest control guy about this potentially dangerous situation. Seriously, just imagine the damage a pack of Vulpix could do to the Woolpack's chicken population. 

The other day I received a message/notification on Twitter from Harry. Not about Pokemon, though. He was wondering if we would be interested in an East v Central Eskdale footy match, to be played at the Woolpack. Worryingly, he stipulated that there would only be one rule. That there must be at least two females per team. There's that old saying, about being able to hack it on a cold, wet night in Stoke. But that would be nothing compared to this - one rule football in a hidden Lake District valley?! I'm picturing a more pre-traditional form of the game. The match could go on for days. As Fiona would say (or as I would say on her behalf when she forgets to sign out of Facebook).....Ooooofff! Bloody love it! Come on Eskdale East! 

In other news - I've taken to making bets about the results of my blood tests. Of course, it's probably a little unfair as I'm the only one with inside knowledge - no one else can really know how I've been feeling! It's just something that makes the whole situation a little more entertaining. And sure enough, despite another set of less than positive results, I do have a 4 pack of Double Deckers coming my way! Better than that though, is being around people who are endlessly supportive, and don't care (in a good way) if you're a little distracted/weird sometimes. Ok. More than sometimes. 

5 comments:

  1. For a Lady with such talent to write, one does wonder why a game as pointless as Pokermon would entertain you, on the other hand it does come to light with the name Special one it does figure.
    And I can add the woolpack is a hot spot for Pokermom and the Ravenglass café is a gym, I have been informed.

    Happy Hunting and you will always be K to me no matter the results….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which town in Tudor times banned football because it was too dangerous? And whose bladder are you using for the ball? And as for the Pokerman game where does the Jigglypuff come into it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did to see if it worked, but the robot challenge had me perplexed for a wee while xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall now make a request: Please do not ever have any sort of sickness that causes you to go before I do, because I do not ever want to know the world as it will be without you in it. Not soon, not ever. Alright, you mad woman, so . . . Cheers for that! LOVE. - Cheshire

    ReplyDelete